Innovation is life-saving for a business these days. There’s no way you can stay on the market without always bringing something new to the table. If only this were the only challenge! The fact is that when you’ve created a new product, you are only half-way through.
The following step is to shout it out to the world. Here’s where planning a product launching event comes into play.
The trouble with such events is that you may not have much time for planning. They depend on when the product is completed and tested. From that moment, launching becomes a top priority, and you rarely have months for the task.
In this case, planning needs an enormous amount of quick but analytical thinking, some imagination, and loads of hard work. Here’s a list of 5 subjects to tackle while organizing the event:
1. Determine a Clear Aim for Your Event
It’s impossible to achieve and measure results when you have no specific goals. Ask yourself a few clarifying questions while planning the product launching event:
- Is this event for product presentation only?
- Do you aim to sell your product?
- Is brand awareness also your target?
- Are they all part of your event strategy?
The answer to these questions will determine the structure of your entire event.
Let’s say selling is your primary goal. Then, testing the product may only be a slight element of your event. You may need to focus more on showcases, testimonials and selling perks.
2. Align the Design of Your Product Launching Event with Goals
Now that you’ve determined the purpose of the event, you need to be consistent in planning the style. Guest categories, dress codes and the entire “feeling” of the event need to match the nature of your product and business.
For instance, if you’re launching a new educational software, you should invite parents, kids and teachers. A casual-smart outfit may be more appropriate than a stiff business dress code.
And you would better create a fun experience for the kids! After all, they would be the ultimate users of your product.
3. Be Innovative in Choosing the Environment
There’s no written or unwritten rule about choosing the location for a product launching event. You can be as creative as you want, as long as you keep being consistent with your business nature.
If your invention is a piece of fitness equipment, you could choose an outdoor setting. You can also have them stand up at the tables. This way, you allow them to move, interact and exercise in a natural environment.
On the other hand, if you are launching a business management software, you might want to consider renting a five-star restaurant. Managers tend to be picky and selective. They need a bit of a glittery touch.
4. Food Is Not Optional
Unless your product is a meal replacement supplement, you need to give food and drinks a real thought. Let’s take a couple of case scenarios to practice on our analysis:
- Let’s say your invention is a graphic design tool. People may sit a lot in front of computers, testing the new “toy”. So, you should consider lots of easy to grab snacks for them to serve while “playing”.
- If you are launching a new video game, kids may be involved. Healthy snacks and natural drinks are the way to go.
5. Make Entertainment your Ally
Although placed at the bottom of the list, entertainment is crucial for giving your guests a memorable experience.
- Music is important and it influences the whole feeling of the event. You could hire a DJ, or you go for live music with some great singers or instrument players.
- Speeches are also a major factor in such a business occasion. You may want to make specific presentations of the product. You might also wish to give out some insightful speech or tell the story behind the product. It’s best to contract professional Speakers or MC to ensure a high-quality message.
- Fun moments can add a sense of personal connection to your event. People tend to relax and open up when there’s a bit of fun involved. Just make sure you give them high-quality entertainment. Let’s say you’re launching a kid-related product. Ken Groves and his dummy can put on such a hilarious show that the youngsters will hardly ever forget.
Are you planning on hosting an excellent product launch event? Entertainment is what we do best and can help you with.
Take a look at our list of public speakers and entertainers and let us join your efforts of making this event a hit.