Proverbs Chapter 31 woman describes the model Christian woman. Women in the church desire her attributes, and when they do not attain her status, they feel discouraged. This woman is a composite of many women. Perhaps her character traits should be the sought-after goal. She is indeed a woman who gives generously and exemplifies godliness.
What the Bible says about a Proverbs 31 Woman
1) Virtuous – She is a woman of virtue (noble) character (Prov. 31:1). This does not mean she is perfect but it does mean that God’s love is her motivation.
2) Honest – The noble woman supports her husband (Prov. 31:11-12), and he trusts her to do what is right. He would not trust her if she was not honest.
3) Diligent – The Proverbs 31 woman is focused and works consistently. She is performing work that will sustain her household and has no time for negativity.
4) Compassionate – She loves helping the poor (Prov. 31:20) and reaching out to them.
5) Attractive – This woman wears beautiful clothing of silk and purple, but she is also clothed with strength and honor (Prov. 31:22, 25).
6) Wise – Wisdom is another virtue of this model woman. Her wisdom was acquired through communion with the Holy Spirit who helps her give wise counsel (Prov.31:26).
7) Supportive – The Proverbs 31 woman’s husband is well known and has a place of honor and respect with the elders (Prov. 31:23), but he would not be the man he is without a loving, supportive wife anticipating and assisting him with attaining his goals.
Giving generously to others gives this woman joy, and many blessings are her reward. Her husband and children bless and praise her (Prov. 31:28), because they are intimately acquainted with her loving capacity and fulfillment in blessing others. There is a Proverbs 31 woman in every Christian woman, but she’s not an unattainable fantasy. She is inside, and will break forth, by submission to the Holy Spirit and application of the principles in Proverbs 31.
Just as the Proverbs 31 woman received encouragement from others, the giving women in the church need encouragement, fellowship and fun. Bring Comedian/Speaker Kerri Pomarolli the official Proverbs 32 Woman to your next event.
Originally posted 2012-02-11 16:02:08.