It seems as if every week I talk with someone who has been given the task of planning an event for the first time. Regardless if it is a fundraiser, Holiday party, special event or something your new boss forgot to do, the thought of planning a special function can be overwhelming for most people. You need event planning tips.
Over the years our staff has put together an outline for successful function.
Some quick event planning tips
- Select a date and site for your activity
- Develop goals and objectives for the event
- Develop the theme for event
- Negotiate facilities, services, and contracts
- Prepare A time table
- Prepare checklist for items & people you need at event
- Finalize design for invitation, program & materials
- Event invitations mailed
- Fine tune the program timeline
- Order necessary signage
- Arrange for last minute reproduction of papers, handouts, if needed
- Confirm all agreements in writing with speakers, suppliers, etc.
- Prepare name badges
- Order any VIP amenities
- Review plans with Leadership
- Check handout materials
- Check weather report for possible effect on event
- Review plans with electrician and other facilities staff
- Check room/venue setup
- Check mikes and PA equipment
- Introduce invited speakers to other participants
After the event:
- Pay the bills
Planning a special event? Need more event planning tips? Give us a call, we can help with your fundraiser, holiday party, sales conference, trade show or conference opener.
Originally posted 2011-03-12 14:53:06.